Friday, July 24, 2015

Walking with Ironman before Title 'IRONMAN'

Saturday and Sinhagad used to be in my calendar (I have stopped going there, don't know why). It was usual Saturday, October cold and windy weather giving me a goosefleshes. Me and my Friend Mangesh started to walk on way to Sinhgad from base village. We were walking like a set robot for his destination and reaching top is our destination. I about to reach to top and saw a white gray hair, perfect shaped body wearing black tees and short walking fast to the top. He was bare feet and was no showing any sign of discomfort while climbing or walking on that difficult patch of the fort. He was along with someone talking about the climate. We almost reach to the 'Pune Darwaja' (Sinhgad fort gate opening towards Pune City) at a same time.




Till the time I didn't notice him and didn't bother to check him too. I had a lime juice refreshment to start my journey to climb down again. Me and Mangesh was about to start the climbing down and saw that personality who was climbing up bare feet. As soon as saw him, I said Mangesh, 'Arey... Ha tar Milind Soman'. That very moment we look at each other and I offer him handshake, which he accept gracefully, without wasting a time. That narrow pathway was blocked by me, Mangesh, Milind and 2-3 more people who were confuse and just staring at him.



That time he was in Pune to promote his 'Pinkthron' (Woman Marathon). I knew he is Punekar and so we started to communicate in Marathi cum English. We discuss a lot about his NGO, 'Pinkthron' and Sinhgad. He told me, this was his first bare feet trek and it was not planned too. He was in Pune and somebody suggest him to go to Sinhagad and he dropped himself here. It was difficult for him, but he was happy he could able to climb up. When asked, he told me why he started bare feet jogging and since when. It was really interesting story and the way he narrate me was inspiring. He got inspired from his mom, not to jog in bare feet but to stay fit, doing so he cross the boundary to be in typical jogging gear, specially shoes.

I really had a good walk that day. We had long and good discussions in that 1 hour. But I don't remember he said any word about the IRONMAN. May be he like to astonish the world with his achievements. He must be believing in Doing things, rather telling. He surprises all doing everything From Model to Actor to Director to fitness freak to bare feet jogger and now the title 'IRONMAN'.

3.8 KM Swimming, 180.2 KM Cycle and 42.2 KM jogging, in 15.19 hours at age of 50. ARE YOU SERIOUS, MILIND? I really don't have any words to say about.

After achieving this, he updated his Facebook page 'ONE IRONMAN DONE'. It seems he is not ready to stop on single IRONMAN title and planning to achieve something more in his life.

I congratulate him on his achievement and wish him a great life ahead.

GREAT GOING IRONMAN.... RESPECT ...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment